WHAT DOCUMENTS WERE INKED BY TOKAYEV AND LUKASHENKO?
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and Aleksandr Lukashenko held talks in an expanded format, Strategy2050.kz reports with reference to the press service of Akorda.
What documents were inked by Tokayev and Lukashenko? | Strategy2050.kz
The two Presidents considered a wide range of issues concerning the bilateral agenda. The main focus of the negotiations was made on building up of trade and economic partnerships. In addition, the Heads of State discussed interaction in the political, cultural and humanitarian spheres, as well as within the framework of international structures.
Welcoming the Belarusian delegation, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev emphasized that the two countries traditionally have ties of friendship and cooperation. The Head of State noted that the visit of Aleksandr Lukashenko is a good opportunity to discuss issues of mutual cooperation in detail.
We are interested in increasing the volume of trade between our states, strengthening ties in the humanitarian sphere, and continuing active cooperation between international organizations, the President of Kazakhstan stressed.
The Head of State expressed the opinion that the documents signed as a result of the negotiations are serious steps in deepening cooperation between the two countries.
In turn, the President of Belarus noted that the level of Belarusian-Kazakh relations fully corresponds to the strategic interests of the two countries.
This is the result of the painstaking work over many years, which allows to make serious plans for the future. We have gained successful practices of interaction at all levels between Minsk and Nur-Sultan, Aleksandr Lukashenko said.
Speaking about trade and economic relations, the Belarusian leader emphasized that he considers Kazakhstan as a key trading partner, adding that over the past three years, both countries have doubled their mutual trade turnover and are close to overcoming the $1 billion mark. In addition, the President of Belarus noted a significant increase in imports from Kazakhstan, which increased by 45%.
Following the talks, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and Aleksandr Lukashenko signed a Joint Statement, which aims to bring bilateral cooperation to a new level, further intensify partnerships and coordinate actions in the international arena.
In addition, the following documents were signed:
– Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Belarus on cooperation in the field of migration;
– Cooperation Agreement between the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Investigative Committee of the Republic of Belarus;
– Agreement on cooperation and interaction between the National Security Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Operational and Analytical Center under the President of the Republic of Belarus in the operational and technical sphere;
– Cooperation plan between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Belarus for 2020-2021;
– Agreement between the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the State Committee on Property of the Republic of Belarus on issues of state registration of real estate;
– Agreement between the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus on cooperation in the field of remote sensing of the Earth.
Source: Kazakhtan 2050