TO STAY RELEVANT, THE NATION NEEDS TO INVEST IN TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION – ANURAG MALOO
According to Anurag Maloo, a regional manager for South and Central Asia with Techstars, to keep up with the current developments in IT, technology education needs to be promoted, as well as young persons should take part in dealing with local issues. Keep reading a brief interview brought by Strategy2050.kz.
– Do you think the events like the Digital Bridge Forum benefit Kazakhstan?
– Kazakhstan definitely needs high-quality and large events like this, which brings the entire ecosystem of entrepreneurs, technology persons, innovators, government agents, academia, different players in the startup ecosystem, including incubators, accelerators, from beyond Kazakhstan together to give an exposure of what is happening in Kazakhstan right now. So people can get inspired, become more aware of what is happing, and can contribute to the nation’s economic development. They will know what kind of startups are coming, what kind of technology is being made so that they can join the movement, they can become part of it, they can invest. There are many things that people can do to contribute to the nation’s development, including through entrepreneurship, startups.
– As a regional manager for Central Asia also, what are being done to develop the entrepreneurship movement here?
– In Kazakhstan we develop the startup community and promote the entrepreneurship movement. We can set up the foundation right so that more people could get opportunities to start businesses in new technology. We believe entrepreneurs can change the world for the better. To help them succeed we invest in startups, provide them mentorship, knowledge resources, education they need to become successful. I would love to see more participation in the future.
– In India, there are a lot of people engaged in software development. What are your suggestions to develop the IT sphere?
– The country should promote technology courses and education in schools, high-schools, colleges, universities. We all need to be relevant to the current needs. What are the current needs of the world right now? To stay relevant, the nation needs to invest in technology education, and give young people to figure out solutions to local issues. Be open to new ideas, develop entrepreneurial thinking!
– Thank you for the interview!
Source: Kazakhtan 2050