President held a Security Council meeting
Opening the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev, on behalf of the people of Kazakhstan and on his own behalf, expressed his condolences to relatives of 7 soldiers killed during military exercises.
– I took with deep sorrow the sad news of the tragic event in Zhambyl region, which occurred as a result of avalanches. Each of them played his military duty until the end, as a true patriot of his country. I instruct the Ministry of Defense to provide all-round assistance and support to all the families of the dead soldiers. The State Commission is engaged in clarifying the causes of the incident. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that such tragedies are not repeated in the future, – said the President of Kazakhstan.
The following issues were made on the agenda of the Security Council:
– The results of realization of the Strategy of National Security of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2012-2016, the presentation of the key approaches of the Strategy for the next period;
– Some aspects of military-technical policy;
– To ensure public safety during preparation and holding of the international exhibition “EXPO – 2017”.
The Head of State noted that external security and political stability was provided over the past period thanks to the efforts of the competent state bodies in Kazakhstan.
– Despite the crisis in the global economy and the difficulties in the domestic economy, the macroeconomic indicators managed to maintain an acceptable level. The analysis of local, regional and global processes has revealed the most likely risks to national security challenges for the coming period. Currently, the goals and objectives outlined in the Address to the Nation, the proposed political and constitutional reforms, are discussed in the country, which as a whole, find support among the population of the republic, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Also, the President of Kazakhstan emphasized the paramount task of opposition to extremist and terrorist acts, the threat of the manifestations of which retains its relevance.
– Appropriate structures provide responses for each of the following activities in the new Strategy, Nursultan Nazarbayev concluded.
In addition, the Head of State had a number of tasks before the state bodies to ensure national security in other areas and directions.
Source: The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan