Negotiations in extended format as part of the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu’s official visit
During the talks the sides deliberated about the matters of diversifying the forms of the Kazakh-Israeli partnership.
– I hope that your visit today and the business forum will contribute to expanding business relations between Kazakhstan and Israel taking them to a new qualitative level, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
President of Kazakhstan outlined three main areas of practical content of bilateral cooperation.
– Firstly, it is agriculture. We have unique conditions for doing agricultural business, and Israel has advanced technology. Processing of agricultural products and economical irrigation of land is what we would like to learn from you as for experience. Secondly, Israel is a world leader in the field of innovation and advanced technologies, while Kazakhstan is rich in natural resources. We will send a special team of experts with the aim to prepare specific agreements on the exchange of raw materials for advanced technologies, the President said.
The President of Kazakhstan mentioned the significance of building the Kazakh-Israeli Innovation Centre in Almaty, which will include a world-class college and university.
The third area involves cooperation in the field of public health.
– Thousands of Kazakhstan’s medical workers have been trained in Israel. Your specialists teach master-classes based on Kazakhstan’s medical centres. We believe that cooperation is necessary to expand. As a result we are now in a position to look into the possibility of transferring a number of university clinics to discretionary management by Israeli organizations, the President of Kazakhstan said.
During the talks, the Israeli side has expressed interest in using the transit-transport potential of Kazakhstan for bilateral cooperation deepening. In addition, the prospect of cooperation with “Astana” International Financial Centre, as well as the active participation of advanced Israeli technologies in the field of renewable energy sources at “EXPO-2017” trade show in Astana.
Benjamin Netanyahu thanked the President of Kazakhstan for the invitation to visit our country and congratulated the people of Kazakhstan on the 25th anniversary of Independence.
– Today’s meeting is a big leap forward in collaboration between our countries. We are also determined to develop our partnerships in the three areas identified by you, the Prime Minister of Israel said.
Netanyahu also offered to send to Israel a group of young dedicated individuals from Kazakhstan to exchange experience and create start-up projects in the area of Hi-Tech.
The following documents have been inked at the end of the official visit of Prime Minister of the State of Israel:
– Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the State of Israel on cooperation in agriculture;
– Joint Declaration of intent between the two governments for exemption from visa requirements for holders of national biometric passports;
– Memorandum of Understanding between the airworthiness authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the State of Israel;
– Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation in the field of industrial research and development between “National Agency for Technological Development” JSC and “Matimop” Israeli Centre for Industrial Research and Development;
– Memorandum on Cooperation between Kazakhstan’s Agency for Civil Service Affairs and Anti-Corruption Commission and the Civil Service of the State of Israel.
Source: President of the Republic of Kazakhstan