LEBANON / UNIFIL SNOW
. Zoom out, UNIFIL excavator cleaning out the snow
2. Med shot, peacekeepers at APC patrolling
3. Wide shot, peacekeepers at APC patrolling
4. Wide shot, excavator
5. Wide shot, peacekeepers at APC patrolling
6. Close up, UNIFIL excavator cleaning out the snow
7. Wide shot, UNIFIL excavator cleaning out the snow
8. Various shots, UNIFIL peacekeepers patrolling
9. Wide shot, UNIFIL vehicles patrolling on foot
10. Wide shots, UNIFIL vehicles patrolling
11. Driving shot, snow
12. Various shots,
13. Wide shots, UNIFIL peacekeepers at APC patrolling
14. Med shot, UNIFIL peacekeepers chatting
15. Wide shot, kids playing with snow
16. Pan right, UNIFIL peacekeepers chatting to patrol.
17. Wide shot, UNIFIL APC patrolling
As storms Norma and Miriam lashed Lebanon last week, piles of snow carpeted mountains. Within UNIFIL’s area of operation in south-eastern Lebanon, mountainous areas suddenly turned white.
In the Shab’a area, at the request of the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF), UNIFIL’s Spanish combat engineers conducted three snow clearing operations, facilitating UNIFIL patrols as well as the passage for local residents.
One of the operations involved clearing a road that serves as the supply route for five LAF positions nearby.
Despite fog, snow and icy conditions UN peacekeepers from India and Kazakhstan continued with daily foot and vehicle patrols in Shab’a and other affected areas.
Source: UN Audiovisual Library