How Kazakhstan changed over 25 years of independence
– Kazakhstan celebrates the 25th anniversary of Independence of our country. In your opinion, how important this event is for our people and the state?
– In my opinion, in the context of the history, this is the greatest era symbolizes the absolute triumph and the beginning of the golden age. Kazakhstan’s Independence – the main value of our people. This is the historical choice of the people of Kazakhstan – the choice to live in a free, independent country, in peace, harmony and trust, to determine their own destiny, the life of future generations and to build their success.
– In your opinion, what was the historical basis for such an important achievement?
– The era of independence of Kazakhstan is inextricably linked with the multi-faceted and the great policy of Nursultan Nazarbayev, the welfare and success of the country’s citizens, the further prosperity. Since the first days of independence, Kazakhstan set the goal to build a democratic state and civil society. Drawing attention to the 25-year independent path, we can claim that huge socio-economic and political reforms were conducted and led to large-scale achievements and success in all spheres of society and the state. Over the years of independence Kazakhstan has reached a qualitatively new level in all sectors of the national economy.
– How do you assess the role of the Leader of the nation in the development of Kazakhstan?
– We have achieved a lot, built a successful economy and a respected nation. Every year, we deeply realize the great role of the Leader of the Nation Nursultan Nazarbayev in the formation and strengthening of our statehood and independence. It is no coincidence, Nursultan Nazarbayev calls all citizens of Kazakhstan to actively work for the benefit and prosperity of Kazakhstan, appreciate and strengthen common values and achievements: peace, harmony and unity, to preserve and promote our national cultural and historical traditions.
– What results and achievements of Kazakhstan could You mention first?
– One of the results of successful transformation and achievements of our country is the election of Kazakhstan as a nonpermanent member of the UN Security Council on January 1, 2017. Independent Kazakhstan – the leader of the social-economic reforms in Eurasia and the world. Chairmanship of the OSCE, OIC, SCO, CICA, the EAEU and other international authoritative institutions – a key landmark events that became possible thanks to the multi-vector policy of the Head of state. Kazakhstan entered a qualitatively new stage of state building, transition to which is defined by five basic institutional reforms put forward by the Head of State. The strategic direction of the National Plan – “100 concrete steps” has become a national patriotic idea “Mangilik Yel”, the essence of which is the formation of the Common Future of the Nation for the successful entry into the 30 most developed countries.
– In your opinion, what attitude to the independent Kazakhstan and the initiative of our President does the international community have?
– The first step towards the recognition of the international community of Kazakhstan was the rejection the world’s largest arsenal of nuclear weapons in 1991. Immediately after that, Kazakhstan has been recognized by many countries as a full-fledged member of the international community, all the necessary international legal cooperation mechanisms have been established, the country has acquired the right to vote. One of the crucial steps of Kazakhstan in the international arena has become an accession to the United Nations (UN) in March 1992. Kazakhstan has become a full member of the UN, OSCE, CICA and many other international organizations, various international conventions and treaties. Kazakhstan succeeded to create a robust safety belt, legalize the process of delimitation
Source: Kazakhtan 2050