Equipment for Saryarka gas pipeline and utilization of old cars: B. Sagintayev examines SPIID projects in operation
In the course of the visit Bakytzhan Sagintayev was informed about the projects implemented within the framework of SPIID-2, as well as the current state and prospects for the development of the special economic zone. In total, within the state program it is planned to implement four industrial projects with the creation of 689 new jobs in the region in 2018.
Deputy akim of the Karaganda region, A. Aidarov, said that there are 15 participants registered on the territory of SEZ Saryarka. Priority activities are the development of the metallurgical and metal processing industries, in particular the production of finished products through attracting producers of world trade marks.
As of 01.04.2018, the production amounted to 50.9 billion tenge, exports � 28.2 billion tenge. The volume of investments amounted to 44.1 billion tenge, including Bohmer Armatura � 3.1 billion tenge, Recycling Company � 3.4 billion tenge.
At the BAlhmer Armatura factory, General Director, Kefer Andreas, said that since the start of the plant’s operation, more than 14 thousand pieces of products have been produced for a total of about 7.4 billion tenge. In the future, it is planned that the produced ball valves and isolation valves will be used in the construction of the Saryarka gas trunkline.
The next object of the visit on the territory of the SEZ was the first and only plant in the Central Asian region for recycling out of service vehicles � Recycling Company.
At the enterprise, Bakytzhan Sagintayev got acquainted with the industrial process of collecting old cars for further utilization, and also inspected the pyrolysis and smelting shops where metal alloys and a furnace fuel analogue are produced from waste to be used in various industries.
General Director of Recycling Company, Alexander Ryabinin, informed that the project was put into operation in December 2017. The capacity allows the annual disposal of up to 50 thousand cars. For the first quarter of 2018, 150 tons of metal alloys and 7 tons of furnace fuel analogues have been produced. 100 jobs have been created here. The main goal is the environmental protection and health promotion, as well as the reduction of the negative impact resulting from emissions to the atmosphere and soil of harmful substances, decommissioned cars.
For reference: Special Economic Zone Saryarka was created by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 24.11.2011. The main objectives of the SEZ are the development of the metallurgical and the metal processing industries, the development and implementation of breakthrough investment projects for the creation and advancement of the metallurgical industry, the integration of Kazakhstani products into the global production and marketing system, the creation of innovative, competitive domestic products in accordance with international standards, the creation of a favorable investment climate and attraction of domestic and foreign investments for the implementation of projects.
The SEZ is located on the territory of Karaganda city and on the adjacent lands of Bukhar-Zhyrau district � near the village of Kokpekty. The SEZ territory is 534.9 hectares. The area under the infrastructure is 294 hectares. The territory of 240 hectares is actively developed by six participants:
1. Bohmer Armatura � a project for the production of ball valves and isolation valves, with a capacity of 10 thousand pieces/year, the project was implemented in 2014 with the participation of the German company BAlhmer GmbH;
2. Isoplus Central Asia � a project for the production of preinsulated pipes with a capacity of 15 thousand tons per year, it was implemented in 2014 with the participation of the German company Isoplus GmbH;
3. Tau-Ken Temir � a project for the production of technical silicon with a capacity of 24 thousand tons/year, in accordance with the Decree of the President of Kazakhstan dated 02.10.2015 No. 95, the territory of the SEZ was expanded due to the addition of the subzone of the silicon plant territory;
4. A project for the production of pre-insulated pipes, with a capacity of 29 thousand tons/year, the project was implemented in 2015 with the participation of the South Korean company Hyunwoo ENC Co., Ltd. From the second quarter of 2018 it is planned to start the production.
5. Seven Refractories Asia � a project for the production of fireproof materials, with a capacity of 38 thousand tons/year, it was implemented in 2017 by the Austrian company Seven Refractories GmbH;
6. Recycling Company � a project for the recycling of vehicles, with a capacity of up to 50 thousand cars per year, the project was implemented in 2017.
In 2018 in the territory of SEZ Saryarka investment projects for the production of brass-ware and polymer concrete products will be launched.
Source: The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan