Skip to Content

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019

Education Ministry: Live broadcast of the UNT ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure

Closed

Today, during a press conference following the Government meeting, Deputy Minister of Education and Science Askhat Aimagambetov and Director of the National Testing Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Ramazan Alimkulov answered journalists’ questions regarding the update of the physical infrastructure of lecture halls in which the school graduates will pass the Unified National testing (UNT).

According to Askhat Aimagambetov, to date 785 lecture halls (60%) are provided with cameras. Competitive procedures are held for the remaining 40% at the level of local executive bodies.

This work is conducted annually. Last year, a number of cameras, suppressors and metal detectors were updated. These cameras have the property of failing. Therefore, when we talk about suppressors (cell suppressors), CCTV cameras, we are talking about the fact that this physical infrastructure needs to be updated. Some of them have already become worn out, some do not meet the requirements for live broadcast, � Askhat Aimagambetov informed.

The Deputy Minister also noted that this year the number of locations for holding UNT providing live feed will be increased.

When all the public sees how children take tests, that nobody enters the audience, there are no other circumstances, I think it ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure itself, � A. Aimagambetov believes.

According to Ramazan Alimkulov, in 2018, 1500 lecture halls will be used to conduct UNT. All of them are equipped with security equipment: 100% of the auditoriums have cell suppressors. At the same time, they are replaced with 4G suppressors instead of 3G.

Since last year we have a task �all audiences should be provided with 4G suppressors. To date, 512 classrooms do not have 4G mobile standard suppressors, � Ramazan Alimkulov said.

For reference: UNT in Kazakhstan was introduced in 2004 as a procedure that combines the final state academic assessment of school graduates and entrance examinations to universities and colleges of the Republic. Participants of testing are prohibited to use any means of communication, calculators. In 2012, for the first time, CCTV cameras were installed in all the auditoriums in which UNT was held.

Source: Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan

Previous
Next

Education Ministry: Live broadcast of the UNT ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure

Closed

Today, during a press conference following the Government meeting, Deputy Minister of Education and Science Askhat Aimagambetov and Director of the National Testing Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Ramazan Alimkulov answered journalists’ questions regarding the update of the physical infrastructure of lecture halls in which the school graduates will pass the Unified National testing (UNT).

According to Askhat Aimagambetov, to date 785 lecture halls (60%) are provided with cameras. Competitive procedures are held for the remaining 40% at the level of local executive bodies.

This work is conducted annually. Last year, a number of cameras, suppressors and metal detectors were updated. These cameras have the property of failing. Therefore, when we talk about suppressors (cell suppressors), CCTV cameras, we are talking about the fact that this physical infrastructure needs to be updated. Some of them have already become worn out, some do not meet the requirements for live broadcast, � Askhat Aimagambetov informed.

The Deputy Minister also noted that this year the number of locations for holding UNT providing live feed will be increased.

When all the public sees how children take tests, that nobody enters the audience, there are no other circumstances, I think it ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure itself, � A. Aimagambetov believes.

According to Ramazan Alimkulov, in 2018, 1500 lecture halls will be used to conduct UNT. All of them are equipped with security equipment: 100% of the auditoriums have cell suppressors. At the same time, they are replaced with 4G suppressors instead of 3G.

Since last year we have a task �all audiences should be provided with 4G suppressors. To date, 512 classrooms do not have 4G mobile standard suppressors, � Ramazan Alimkulov said.

For reference: UNT in Kazakhstan was introduced in 2004 as a procedure that combines the final state academic assessment of school graduates and entrance examinations to universities and colleges of the Republic. Participants of testing are prohibited to use any means of communication, calculators. In 2012, for the first time, CCTV cameras were installed in all the auditoriums in which UNT was held.

Source: Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan

Previous
Next

Education Ministry: Live broadcast of the UNT ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure

Closed

Today, during a press conference following the Government meeting, Deputy Minister of Education and Science Askhat Aimagambetov and Director of the National Testing Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Ramazan Alimkulov answered journalists’ questions regarding the update of the physical infrastructure of lecture halls in which the school graduates will pass the Unified National testing (UNT).

According to Askhat Aimagambetov, to date 785 lecture halls (60%) are provided with cameras. Competitive procedures are held for the remaining 40% at the level of local executive bodies.

This work is conducted annually. Last year, a number of cameras, suppressors and metal detectors were updated. These cameras have the property of failing. Therefore, when we talk about suppressors (cell suppressors), CCTV cameras, we are talking about the fact that this physical infrastructure needs to be updated. Some of them have already become worn out, some do not meet the requirements for live broadcast, � Askhat Aimagambetov informed.

The Deputy Minister also noted that this year the number of locations for holding UNT providing live feed will be increased.

When all the public sees how children take tests, that nobody enters the audience, there are no other circumstances, I think it ensures transparency and confidence in the testing procedure itself, � A. Aimagambetov believes.

According to Ramazan Alimkulov, in 2018, 1500 lecture halls will be used to conduct UNT. All of them are equipped with security equipment: 100% of the auditoriums have cell suppressors. At the same time, they are replaced with 4G suppressors instead of 3G.

Since last year we have a task �all audiences should be provided with 4G suppressors. To date, 512 classrooms do not have 4G mobile standard suppressors, � Ramazan Alimkulov said.

For reference: UNT in Kazakhstan was introduced in 2004 as a procedure that combines the final state academic assessment of school graduates and entrance examinations to universities and colleges of the Republic. Participants of testing are prohibited to use any means of communication, calculators. In 2012, for the first time, CCTV cameras were installed in all the auditoriums in which UNT was held.

Source: Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan

Previous
Next