Skip to Content

E Kazakhstan rgn: 5 new dairy-commodity farms to be built

by April 8, 2017 Legal

The development of a system for collecting milk from the population will increase the workload of the enterprises in the region by 60%, and the villagers will be able to receive additional income from the maintenance of subsidiary farms.

“Last year, in the framework of the program for the development of dairy farming, 6 dairy-commodity farms (DCF) were built and 33 milk-collecting stations (MCS) were created in East Kazakhstan region. The enterprises-processors received over 63 thousand tons of raw materials, 12 thousand tons of which were collected from the population. Thus, it was possible to increase the loading of the plants to 42%, which was 7% higher than in 2015”, the message reads.

The work in this direction continues this year. It is planned to build 5 DCF and reconstruct 13 more, and also to create 10 MCS. This will increase the loading of milk processing plants to 60%.

“The educational and health institutions have concluded contracts for the purchase of dairy products worth 1.2 billion tenge. Of these, 89% of products will be supplied by the local enterprises, the remaining 11% are firms from other regions of Kazakhstan and Russia, as well as individual entrepreneurs who do not produce milk but buy it from other producers”, Governor’s Office of the region reported.

We remind that in the region it is planned to introduce additional payments to farms with high indicators, which this year acquired modern equipment. This measure will accelerate the payback period of the installations.

Source: Kazakhstan 2050