B. Sagintayev sets specific tasks before the Government members related to the implementation of the Address of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Today in Ukimet Uyi, Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev chaired a Government meeting on the implementation of the instructions of the Head of State given in his Address to the People of Kazakhstan New Development Opportunities in the Conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution of January 10, 2018.
In the Address, President N. Nazarbayev sets before the Government a number of tasks in ten key areas.
During the Government meeting, Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev gave a number of specific instructions.
First, with regards to industrialization and the introduction of new technologies, the Ministry of Investment and Development was instructed to develop new tools aimed at modernizing and digitizing domestic enterprises with emphasis on product export and technology transfer, as well as identifying pilot projects for digitizing a number of industrial enterprises and proceeding to their implementation. Responsibility is placed on Minister of Investments and Development Zh. Kassymbek.
The Ministry of Information and Communications needs to develop a set of measures to develop digital and innovative solutions on the basis of Nazarbayev University, AIFC and the International IT-Startup Technopark; the functioning of the private venture financing market and ensure the development of appropriate legislative amendments, � the Prime Minister said.
Responsibility is assigned to Minister of Investments and Development Zh. Kassymbek. Responsible – Minister of Information and Communications D. Abayev.
In addition, the Ministry of Investments and Development was tasked to begin drafting the state program of the third five-year industrialization plan with an emphasis on digital technologies. The on responsible is Minister Zh. Kassymbek.
In connection with the digitalization of the economy, special attention is paid to employment issues. Bakytzhan Sagintayev instructed the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population, in conjunction with the Akimats and concerned Ministries, to assess the risks of the release of workers and to determine a coordinated policy for the employment of the released workers, in general, to speed up work on the flow of labor. Responsibility is assigned to Minister T. Duissenova.
Secondly � further development of the resource potential.
The Ministries of Investments and Development, Energy, are instructed to take measures to improve approaches to extracting minerals by actively introducing integrated information and technological platforms, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
The Ministries of Investments and Development, Energy, and Agriculture were instructed to work out the issues of setting energy consumption standards for the production of a unit of output. The Ministry of Energy needs to make proposals on creating conditions for attracting investments in the field of renewable energy sources.
Bakytzhan Sagintayev instructed the Ministry of Energy together with regional Akims to develop:
– In a month’s time: roadmaps for the creation of a system of modern-tech utilization and processing of solid waste;
– Relevant amendments to the Environmental Code and other legislative acts.
Responsibility is placed on Minister K. Bozumbayev.
Thirdly, the Prime Minister gave a number of specific instructions on the development of the country’s agro-industrial complex.
The Ministry of Agriculture is instructed to:
– Together with concerned state bodies and regional Akims, to revise the target indicators of the Agro-Industrial Complex Development State Program, to develop a set of measures to achieve them and to submit concrete proposals to the Government before March 1;
– Together with the Ministry of Education and Science and Akims of the regions, to review the role of agrarian science and agrarian universities, the main focus of which should be the transfer and adapt modern knowledge and technologies;
– Together with Akims of regions to within a month present conceptual approaches to development and measures to support agricultural cooperation;
– In order to preserve the quality and environmental friendliness of products in conjunction with concerned state bodies and organizations to bring in line with international norms the regulatory legal acts and technical documents on the production and use of biological means of plant protection and other biological products;
– Together with the Ministry of Investments and Development and Atameken, to in a month’s time select strategic niches in international markets to promote domestic products, including the brand “Made in Kazakhstan”;
– Together with concerned state bodies, to work out the issue of reorienting inefficient subsidies to reduce the cost of bank loans in order to increase the efficiency of state support for the agro-industrial complex.
Responsibility for the block is assigned to U. Shukeyev.
The fourth area concerns the improvement of the efficiency of transport and logistics infrastructure.
The Ministry of Investments and Development together with the Ministries of Information and Communication, Finance and KTZ JSC are instructed to:
– Study and ensure the introduction and use of modern technologies, such as bloc-chain and analysis of Big Data, for cargo monitoring in online mode and simplification of customs procedures;
– To improve the quality of local roads, to bring the total amount of budget funds allocated annually, in the medium term, up to 150 billion tenge,
– Ensure the phased implementation of the Intelligent Transport System.
Responsibility is assigned to Minister Zh. Kassymbek.
Fifth – the introduction of modern technologies in construction and utilities.
The Ministry of Investment and Development, taking into account the tasks set by the Head of State, is assigned to make concrete proposals in a month’s time to bring the indicator of housing provision per resident by 2030 to 30 square meters. If necessary, make suggestions for adjusting the Nurly Zher Program, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
The Ministry of Investment and Development needs to ensure that necessary changes and additions are made to normative legal acts in the field of construction with respect to the application of new construction methods, approaches to designing and planning urban development, the use of modern materials, higher quality requirements, environmental friendliness and energy efficiency of buildings and structures. Also, mechanisms should be developed for equipping the sites under construction and those already commissioned with intelligent management systems. Responsibility is assigned to Minister Zh. Kassymbek.
The Ministry of National Economy, together with regional Akimats, was instructed to develop an appropriate PPP mechanism during the modernization of housing and communal infrastructure and step up measures to implement it. The one responsible is Minister T. Suleimenov.
The Ministry of Agriculture together with the Ministries of Investments and Development, National Economy and regional Akims was instructed to take measures to annually allocate not less than 100 billion tenge from all sources to provide rural settlements with quality drinking water. Control is assigned to U. Shukeyev.
Sixth. With respect to the reboot of the financial sector, most of the issues concern the National Bank. In this regard, Daniyar Akishev will make his proposals to the National Plan for the implementation of the Address.
With regards to the introduction of a bankruptcy system for individuals, the Ministry of Finance must submit relevant draft laws to the Government before the end of April. Responsibility is assigned to Minister B. Sultanov.
The Ministry of National Economy, together with concerned state bodies and organizations, was tasked to ensure further development of the stock market, including the successful transition of shares of National Companies of NWF Samruk-Kazyna to IPO. Responsibility is assigned to Minister T. Suleimenov.
The Astana International Financial Center, in conjunction with the Ministries of Finance, National Economy and Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund, is tasked to ensure the preparation of the AIFC site for IPO. K. Kelimbetov is responsible.
Seventh. In the direction Human capital – the basis of modernization, a number of instructions have been given with regards to education and healthcare, as well as the social bloc.
The Ministry of Education and Science jointly with the Ministries of Labor, National Economy, Finance, and Akims are instructed to take measures:
– On making a 30% increase to the official salaries of teachers, who switched to the updated curricula, beginning January 1, 2018;
– On the introduction in 2018 of a national qualification test for teachers, with the definition of a new grid of categories according to the level of qualifications;
– Increase from 30% to 50% the teachers’ salaries, depending on the confirmed qualification as per the new system.
Together with the concerned state bodies and Akimats, the Ministry of Education and Science needs:
– To make proposals on the improvement of programs for the early development of children and their implementation from September 1, 2019;
– To review the experience of the CIS and OECD countries and make proposals to reduce the educational burden on students in schools;
– To take measures to develop departments and faculties in pedagogical higher education institutions;
– To improve the quality of teaching of mathematical and natural sciences at all levels of education;
– To continue work on the development of digital educational resources with the placement of video lessons and video lectures on the Internet;
– To provide schools with modern technical support with connection to broadband Internet;
– To introduce per capita financing with attraction of private capital;
– To take measures to create in all regions a network of children’s technoparks and business incubators with all the necessary infrastructure on the premises of schoolchildren’s palaces;
– To ensure further implementation of the project “Free Vocational Education for All” and to take measures to update the programs with the involvement of employers and taking into account international requirements and the development of digital skills;
– To revise the programs of universities with an emphasis on studying new information technologies, and also to take measures to develop university science, including the transition of applied scientific research into English;
– To develop joint projects with leading foreign universities and research centers, large enterprises and TNCs;
– To introduce a mandatory requirement for applied research and development to attract co-financing from the private sector;
– To work out the issues on supporting young scientists with the allocation of quotas within the framework of scientific grants;
– To legislatively fix the academic freedom of universities with the right to create educational programs;
– To take measures on retraining of teachers, attracting foreign managers in high schools, opening campuses of world universities.
Responsibility is assigned to Minister Y. Sagadiyev.
The Prime Minister also gave instructions on the transition of the alphabet to the Latin script.
The Head of State pays special attention to the issue of terminology in the Kazakh language. There is no need to translate existing international terms and complicate the Kazakh language. When switching to the Latin script, international terms should be used in convenient and rational ways for our language, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
In this connection, the Ministry of Culture and Sport needs to revise the ways of translating global terms with the approval of the society. Responsibility is assigned to Minister A. Mukhamediuly.
With regards to healthcare, it has been instructed to work out and submit to the Government by the end of May this year the draft state program for the development of health care and a comprehensive plan to combat oncological diseases.
The Ministry of Healthcare should develop and submit to the Government this year a new model of the guaranteed amount of free medical care, setting clear boundaries for the state’s obligations, as well as a new edition of the Code on People’s Health and the Healthcare System.
Ministries of Healthcare, Labor and Social Protection of Population are assigned to carry out thorough preparatory work in order to prepare the society for the implementation of CSMI.
It is necessary to accelerate the introduction of e-health certificates after pilot operation, to provide citizens with online access to information about their health and to expand the possibility of obtaining health services through various mobile technologies. To this end, the regional Akimats this year need to ensure that all medical organizations are 100% equipped with information systems, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev noted.
The Nazarbayev University together with the Ministries of Healthcare, Finance need to within this year solve all organizational issues regarding the construction of a scientific oncology center. Responsibility is assigned to Minister of Healthcare Y. Birtanov.
With respect to the social bloc, the Ministry of Labor, together with the Ministry of Education and Science, and state bodies are instructed to analyze the work on the development of modern professional standards and to submit proposals to the Government in a month’s time to develop or update professional standards.
At the next meeting of the Government, report on the process of formalizing self-employed citizens, and report on the implementation of the new format for providing targeted social assistance, introduced this year � the Prime Minister said.
The Ministry of Labor also needs to speed up the passage in the Parliament of the draft law providing for the introduction of a single electronic exchange. Until April 1, 2018, the bill should be adopted.
From July 1 of this year, the system for assigning basic pensions is changing. All agencies of social protection must provide maximum assistance to our citizens in the legalization of their labor activities, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
In this connection, the Ministries of Labor, Finance, National Economy and Justice are instructed to work out the issues of legislative consolidation of the norms for the timely introduction of state assistance for parents caring for 1st category disabled adults. It is also necessary to work out the issues in the social insurance system to strengthen the relationship between the length of service and the size of payments.
The one responsible for the entire block is Minister T. Duissenova.
Eighth. With respect to effective public administration, Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev noted that “the development of entrepreneurship is one of the main priorities of the work of the Government.
A number of instructions were given to the Ministry of National Economy:
To take measures on the speedy passage in the Parliament of the bill aimed at further deregulating the business, including the reduction of costs for entrepreneurs.
To take necessary measures to develop a new bill to improve the business climate, support the business and pull it out of the shadows.
Continue work to improve the quality of services provided by natural monopoly entities, to secure the interests of consumers with the establishment of reasonable tariffs for subjects of natural monopolies and energy producers, taking into account their investment programs.
The Ministries of National Economy, Finance, together with concerned state bodies, national holdings and regional Akimats, are to ensure the implementation of the privatization plan, expanding it by reducing the number of subordinate organizations of state bodies, taking into account the Yellow Pages principles.
Regarding the remaining subordinate organizations, it is instructed to work on their consolidation to reduce administrative costs. Responsibility is assigned to Minister T. Suleimenov.
The Ministry of Information and Communication together with the Ministry of National Economy should take measures to optimize business processes and ensure their automation by the end of this year, and in conjunction with state bodies to intensify the work on the integration of information systems to switch to the provision of popular public services on the principle of one application that will avoid repeated inquiries from citizens.
In addition, the Prime Minister drew the attention of the Government members to observance of the principles of information security and establishment of effective feedback with the population for the prompt resolution of emerging issues. Responsibility is assigned to Minister D. Abayev.
In order to improve the business climate in the regions, the Akimats are instructed to strengthen work on the achievement of the established indicators in their detailed plans for the development of entrepreneurship.
The Ministry of Justice, Akimats of Astana and Mangystau region together with the Agency for Civil Service and Anti-Corruption Affairs were instructed to ensure the implementation of a new system of remuneration for civil servants based on a point-factor scale. Control is assigned to E. Dossaev.
Special attention was paid to the development of tourism.
In order to develop inbound and outbound tourism, the Ministry of Culture and Sport, together with concerned state bodies and regional Akims, are to within a month’s time, in accordance with the established procedure, ensure the adoption of the Action Plan for the implementation of the Concept for the Development of the Tourism Industry until 2023. The responsible minister is A. Mukhamediuly, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev noted.
With the aim of increasing the financial independence of cities of regional importance, villages and rural districts with a population of more than 2 thousand people, the Ministry of National Economy, together with the Ministry of Finance and regional Akims, is tasked to ensure full implementation of the fourth level of the budget and municipal property of local self-government, and from January 1, 2020 � in the remaining villages with a population of 2 thousand people or less. Responsibility is assigned to Minister T. Suleimenov.
At the same time, in order to ensure reliable protection of its information systems and devices during the introduction of new technologies, the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry, together with concerned state bodies, needs to continue working in this direction. Responsibility is assigned to Minister B. Atamkulov.
The ninth task.
With respect to fighting corruption and the rule of law, all government bodies need to continue battling corruption. The Ministry of Information and Communication are to finalize the available information systems in order to ensure access of citizens to the process of consideration of their appeals, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev noted. Responsibility is assigned to Minister D. Abayev.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs also needs to continue work on humanizing law enforcement.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs, in conjunction with concerned state bodies, should take additional measures to introduce intelligent systems of video surveillance and identification on the streets and in places of mass congestion of citizens, traffic control, � the Prime Minister said.
Responsibility is assigned to Minister K. Kassymov.
The Ministry of Justice, in agreement with the Prosecutor General’s Office and the Supreme Court, must make appropriate proposals for strengthening the guarantees of the constitutional rights of citizens, ensuring the rule of law. Responsibility is assigned to Minister M. Beketayev.
On the tenth task � Smart Cities for the smart nation.
All the Akimats should continue their work on the integrated implementation of Smart City technologies on the basis of a standard concept and developing the competency of people moving to cities, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
The Ministry of Information and Communication was instructed to coordinate the work of local executive bodies in this direction and provide comprehensive consulting assistance on all issues raised within the framework of the Smart City projects. Responsibility is assigned to Minister D. Abayev.
In conclusion, the Prime Minister instructed the Ministry of National Economy, in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation, to before 12:00 of January 13 of this year submit to the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan the coordinated draft Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan On the Draft Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan” On Approval of the National Plan for the Implementation of the Address of the Head of State to the People of Kazakhstan “New Opportunities for Development in the Conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
“We will review the progress of the implementation of the instructions of the Head of State in the Government on a regular basis, � Bakytzhan Sagintayev summed up.
Source: Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan