Akorda hosts meeting on National Commission on Modernization activities
The Akorda hosted today a meeting chaired by the Head of State on the activities of National Commission on Modernization, Akorda Press Service informs.
Participating in the meeting were Prime Minister B.Sagintaev, Head of the Executive Office of the President A.Dzhaksybekov, Chairman of the National Bank D.Akishev, Government members and state bodies managers.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the implementation of 100 Concrete Steps Nations Plan aims at strengthening the rule of law, improving the public service system, creating conditions for business development, strengthening social stability, as well as forming open accountable Government.
– Execution of these five points is the stage of Kazakhstans joining top 30 most developed countries, N.Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State stressed the importance of transition to the bonus system of civil servants awarding on the basis of their evaluation, the need for strict observance of Ethics Code, relevance of providing civil servants with service housing when transferring to another place without the right to privatize.
The President of Kazakhstan emphasized the importance of career advancement on the basis of competitive selection.
– Contest-based promotion of civil servants occupying subordinate positions will be an effective tool for strengthening the principle of meritocracy, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of state drew attention to the need of competitive procedures when entering the law enforcement agencies.
– The face of policemen in our country should be changed. The employees should have citizens credibility, their activities should be directed to providing aid to the population in the first place, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Along with that, Nursultan Nazarbayev gave instruction to further work out the issue of modernizing the law enforcement agencies with regard to the distribution of competence and accountability of local police services.
The President also instructed to expedite the establishment of International Arbitration Centre under the Astana International Financial Centre.
The Head of State emphasized the special importance of attracting foreign investors, as well as the appropriate distribution of the productive forces in the country.
In addition, the Head of State noted the importance of the reforms on introducing the social health insurance.
– I would like us to come very close to solving this issue. Despite existing difficulties, this is a very progressive direction. There is a need to conduct the appropriate preparatory and explanatory work among the population, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to a number of deficiencies in implementing some steps on the part of the Government and other bodies concerned and instructed to intensify the work.
The Head of State also instructed to update the concept of tourism industry development until 2020 taking into account the domestic tourism priority.
– We must concentrate all our efforts on the promotion of regional tourism. This is important both for the economy and for strengthening Kazakh identity and unity, – Nursultan Nazarbayev noted.
The President of Kazakhstan emphasized the urgency of further improving the activities to advance the quality of public services through the Government for Citizens.
Nursultan Nazarbayev reminded the meeting participants of the need to enhance the performance and control in all areas of Nations Plan, as well as of the personal responsibility of managers.
In conclusion, the Head of State noted that the purpose of Nations Plan and the key government programs is both achieving a significant positive effect for the economy as a whole and well-being of every citizen.
Source: Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan